Saturday, September 11, 2010

Don't leave Peace behind.


September 11, 2001, I stepped outside my office building when I heard of the attacks on the World Trade Center, so close to my home, family and friends.  It was a beautiful day. The skies were blue without a single cloud and it was very silent.  Not a bird seemed to fly, the winds forgot to blow, the temperature was perfect and everything seemed to stand still.  

As I sat outside this morning taking a moment of silence; I took a look at the sky and listened to my surroundings.  It brought me back to that day.  Today the weather is exactly as it was, nine years ago.  The sky is blue and cloudless.   The wind, birds and animals are silent as well.  Everything is still. 
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
 Tragedy came to us that day.  It hit close to home to all Americans, on our land.  But, it also happens all over the world, daily.  Take a moment today to not just think of our loss on that day, but the loss of mankind all throughout the world who have innocently lost their lives at the hands of violence and war.  Also, take a moment today to thank and bless the men and women all over the world who help save, rescue and promote peace.  Without these people, mankind would be lost.
“Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one." ~ John Lennon
Today is a day for great sorry, but it is also a day of awareness and awakening.  Until we apply love and unity to our lives and diminish hate and violence the world will never know peace.  Be mindful in your thoughts, words and actions.  "Peace is not a season, but a way of life."
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails