Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

 

I've had a busy week filled with meetings; each meeting strengthening me and bringing me closer to closure.  This week has left me feeling drained, exhausted, and anxious; yet extremely satisfied.

This week I am thankful for:

Morning Tea ~ This past week I began a new routine.  After Mikey gets on the school bus, I sneak around the house while my younger two are sleeping and make myself a cup of tea.  I keep things quiet to give myself some peace of mind and to reflect on the night before, decide on plans for the day ahead and just breathe and enjoy my tea one sip at a time.

Laughter ~ The old saying, "Laughter is the best medicine" has really proved true this week.  I haven't laughed like this in years.  No matter how silly the subject, the release from the daily chaos is such a lovely feeling.  

Good Books ~  What better way to escape from the difficulties of life than by reading a good book?  Right now I am enjoying a few fluff books since heavy reading requires more concentration than I have right now.  My current reads are Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella and Catching Genius by Kristy Kiernan.

Sisterhood ~ I never imagined belonging to such an amazing sisterhood like the Mavens.  Although we don't all visit the group where it all started very often, the kinship is still strong.  We have connected in other networks, bonded together by common interests, dreams, spirits and inspiration.  These women are not only a safe place to fall but a haven to those they hold dear to them, and I am honored to be a part.  I am honored to call these amazing women my friends and my soul sisters.

Emails ~ The amount of emails that I received this week checking on the welfare of my children and myself astonished me.  I appreciate everyone reaching out, the stories that were shared and the generous offers that were extended.  You are all angels in disguise and I am blessed to have each and every one of you in my life. 

Family ~ Honestly, this will be here each and every week.  My children are my life.  I breathe for them, I adore them.  They are my heart and soul.  They can put me through 50 different emotions in a single minute and at the end of the day, they are the last things I think about when I go to sleep at night.  My parents and sister have been a huge support to me this past week.  They have sat and listened to me when I needed it, offered advice where they could and offered support in every way they can.  I couldn't imagine a better family circle and I am happy to end my gratitude here with them. 

What are you thankful for this week? What made you smile when you least expected it?
post signature
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails