Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's been a while since I have done a Thankful Thursday post.  The rush of the holiday season got the better of me and although I have had so much to be thankful for these past two months, I must have taken the time to enjoy them rather than post about them. =) 

This week I am thankful for:

A New Year ~ The slate is clean.  A fresh 12 months free from bitterness to make new memories one month, one week, one day, one moment at a time.

Comfort Food ~ The chilly days have had me in the kitchen this week, cooking hearty meals to feed and comfort my growing boys bellies.

Old Friends ~ I've read on facebook over the past few days the same message over and over on my friend feed, "It has been said that everlasting friends can go long periods of time without speaking and never question the friendship. These types of friends pick up like they just spoke yesterday, regardless of how long it has been or how faraway they live, and they don't hold grudges. They understand that life is busy...but you will ALWAYS love them..."  A few of these friends have come back in my life over the past few months and I have really enjoyed catching up and look forward to what lies ahead. 

Sisterhood ~ I would be lost, if it wasn't for my sister.  She is my rock, my back bone and the other half to my soul.  This week has been a hard one on her and I am so thankful that I was able to be there for her, for a change.  Granted, I wish she didn't have to endure the pain she faced but I am honored that she turned to me for comfort.

Legos ~ Yes, legos.  I have been enjoying putting those little plastic pieces together this past week.  It has been a t ype of therapy for me.  Simply enjoying the simple task and watching something creative unfold from tiny little pieces.  Who knew kids toys could be so gratifying to an adult.
 
What are you thankful for this week? What made you smile when you least expected it?

post signature
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails