Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Divine Mother

emoticon
My intent for today is to choose love, joy and freedom, open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.

emoticon
My inspiration came from the Divine Mother Prayer Dance. When praying to Divine Mother, this prayer dance is a powerful expression of devotion. You are using your body, mind, breath and heart; all in a harmony of celebration. Every aspect of that is a gift from Divine Mother, and when you show Her this prayer dance, She receives not only the gift of your prayer, but the understanding that you value these wonderful gifts. I posted it on Chasing My Bliss.

emoticon
My morning yoga session was from Namaste Yoga and focused on the Warrior Poses. The three warrior poses commemorate the ideal that we as practitioners are the “spiritual warrior,” who bravely battle with the universal enemy, self-ignorance (avidya), the ultimate source of all our suffering. Behind each asana is a story, the story behind warrior pose can be found here.


emoticon
My afternoon meditation was a traditional sit-down style to Delerium's Lumenis; a beautiful piece that worked perfectly to keep me focused while my children played in the other room. This song can be listened to here. Isabel Bayrakdarian has a beautiful voice that captures the moment and helps settle you into the right frame of mind.

Namaste.
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails